Support considerations for BlackBerry devices
Published 11/12/2007 05:35 PM | Updated 11/13/2012 07:45 AM
- What Epocrates products are available for BlackBerry devices?
- What are the system requirements for Epocrates on a BlackBerry?
- Which BlackBerry devices are not supported by Epocrates?
- What are the support considerations for Epocrates on a BlackBerry?
Epocrates products for BlackBerryEpocrates Essentials and Epocrates Rx Free are available for BlackBerry devices. Please view this page for details.
All installations and updates are done wirelessly, so an unlimited data plan is strongly recommended.
Epocrates BlackBerry System Requirements
- Epocrates requires BlackBerry OS 4.2 through OS 7. OS 7.1 is not supported. We currently do not have plans to support the upcoming OS 10.
- Blackberry 8310 and 8830 World Edition require a memory card* for Essentials to function correctly.
Epocrates memory needs on BlackBerry mobile devices are as follows.
- Epocrates Essentials = 26 MB total (16 MB in main memory, 8 MB on the memory card)
- Epocrates Rx Free = 9 MB total (4.7 MB in main memory, 4.3 MB on the memory card)
- Epocrates Essentials Deluxe = 34 MB total (18 MB in main memory, 16 MB on the memory card)
* An additional 20 KB of main memory will be needed for each formulary.
Unsupported BlackBerry devices
The following BlackBerry devices are NOT supported for Epocrates at this time.
- 7500 series
- 7200 series
- 7100 series
You will have the best installation experience if:
- Your device battery is fully charged
- You are in an area with full signal strength
The BlackBerry firewall could interfere with the Epocrates AutoUpdate process. It might be necessary to disable the BlackBerry's firewall.
- Open Options, then click on Security, then click on Firewall.
- If the status at the top is Enabled, hit the menu key and click change option and select disabled.
Special Instructions for BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Users
If you have a BlackBerry Pearl 8130, please see view this article for more information.
Special Instructions for BlackBerry 8350i Users
If you have a BlackBerry 8350i, be sure that the default browser is set to Internet Browser
- Advanced Options
- Set the default to "Internet Browser" instead of HotSpot.
Special Instructions for AT&T Customers
AT&T users must configure their browser to be defaulted as "Internet Browser" rather than Media Net. To do so, please go to:
- Advanced Options
- Set the default to "Internet Browser" instead of Media Net.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.