Epocrates System Requirements for Android
Published 03/16/2012 04:02 PM | Updated 03/15/2013 10:12 AM
- What versions of the Android OS (firmware) does Epocrates currently support?
- Why can't I find Epocrates in Google Play/Play Store (Android Market)?
- Does Epocrates support Android tablets?
- Is a memory card needed for Epocrates?
AnswersThe current version of Epocrates, 1.1325, supports Android phones with a firmware version of 2.1 through 2.3.x, and version 4.x. Android OS 3.x is not supported. If your device has Android version 2.0 or lower, Epocrates will not be displayed in Google Play/Play Store (Android Market). If you have a Motorola Droid X, please view this article.
To check your firmware version, please do the following:
- Go to the applications area of your phone.
- Select "Settings."
- Scroll towards the bottom and select "About Phone."
- What is your "Firmware" or "Android Version?"
A memory card is strongly recommended in order to install Epocrates into an Android device. Please view this article for details pertaining to the HTC Droid Incredible.
Epocrates memory usage for Android is as follows.
- Epocrates Essentials = 2.1 MB* in main memory, 138 MB** on the memory card
- Epocrates Rx Free = 2.1 MB* in main memory, 50 MB** on the memory card
- Epocrates Essentials Deluxe = 2.1 MB* in main memory, 190 MB** on the memory card
** An additional 20K will be needed for each health plan formulary.
If you have any further questions, please contact Epocrates Support by email or by Live Chat between 6AM and 6PM Pacific time.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.