Epocrates for Android
Published 03/15/2012 02:55 PM | Updated 03/22/2013 10:17 AM
QuestionHow do I update to the newest version of Epocrates, 1.1325, on my Android?
AnswerTo update to the newest version:
- On your Android device, tap Play Store (Android Market) icon and search for "Epocrates".
Play Store Market
- Select "Epocrates" and tap on "Install". Tap on Accept & Download on the Permissions screen.
- When the application is installed, tap on "Epocrates" and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once Epocrates launches, you will see a welcome page. Tap on "Sign In", enter your Epocrates username/password, and tap "Sign In" again to confirm.
* If the "Update" button is not displayed, then you have the most recent version of Epocrates.
Epocrates for Android displays all of Epocrates' useful point-of-care tools as icons on one quick-access Epocrates homepage. Clinical content within Epocrates remains the same; Drug information, Interaction Check, and Pill ID for example, can all be located as icons on your Epocrates homepage.
Other items such as the Disease and Lab Test references, the Update function, and built-in tutorials can be found by swiping the screen from one side to the other. The number of screens are indicated by the wrench and dot icons that appear toward the bottom. The wrench page is the Epocrates settings page.
You can move the icons from a different page to the main page. Just press and hold until you see the icon enlarge then you should be able to slide to the preferred location. Please use this to organize your icons for easy access.
Epocrates stores a history of your searches. You can purge this search list at any time by doing the following:
- Launch Epocrates and swipe to the left-most screen.
- Select the "Preferences" icon.
- Select the "Clear History" button.
Currently the landscape option is not accessible from the Epocrates homepage. However the app will work in landscape mode once you access any of the tiles that are available to you. Please use the "Notify Me" link in the lower right (with the bell icon) to be notified when a solution is found.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.