Searching within Epocrates for Apple Mobile Devices
Published 09/14/2011 01:52 PM | Updated 11/12/2012 11:02 AM
QuestionHow do I search within Epocrates on my Apple iOS device?
AnswerNOTE: The following instructions pertain to the latest version of Epocrates. To be sure that you have the latest version, please check for Epocrates updates in the App Store on your device.
Use one quick search to access any drug, disease, prescribing, and dosing information you may need at the point-of-care. The search box located at the top of your Epocrates homepage will search your entire Epocrates clinical database, which may include drugs, diseases, infectious diseases, lab tests, resources centers, and tables. To search:
- Open Epocrates
- Tap the search box and enter the term you wish to look up.
- Tap "done." Or, tap on the relevant entry from the list of results as it appears.
If the search bar is accessible but the search process does not yield any results, please try the following steps.
A. Reboot the device and try searching again. To reboot an Apple iOS device:
B. Update Epocrates and try searching again. Here's the Epocrates update processes:
- Hold down the Power Button and the Home Button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- You will be prompted to turn off the device. Disregard this prompt and continue to hold both buttons down until the Apple logo appears.
- Once the device reboots, please try to access Epocrates again.
- iPhone, iPod touch:
- Launch Epocrates on your iPhone/iPod touch.
- From your Epocrates homepage, swipe the screen to the left screen and tap the "Updates" icon.
- Tap on "Check For Updates/Update Now."
- iPad, iPad mini:
- From the Epocrates home page, select settings icon in the top right corner (it's shaped like a gear).
- Epocrates will automatically check for available updates. If an update is available, select the Update Now button to begin installation.
- To manually check for updates, select the circular arrow button in the top right corner of the Updates & Settings popover.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.