Epocrates Stalls at Loading (Android)
Published 04/04/2011 03:55 PM | Updated 10/31/2012 09:27 AM
QuestionEpocrates will not open on my Android. How can I fix this?
AnswerIf you are experiencing a stall on the loading screen of Epocrates, you may need to update your version of Epocrates. Open Google Play/Play Store (Android Market) on your phone and tap on My Apps. Then, tap on Update All at the top. You should see Epocrates listed as an item being updated.
If Epocrates still does not open properly, it will be necessary to attempt an orderly uninstall and reinstall process.
Please note that when you uninstall, any Favorites you have entered into the program will be deleted. Unfortunately they are not saved anywhere outside of your device, so there is no way to restore them.
- Go to your list of applications and choose Settings. Depending on your device, the Settings icon will look like a hammer and wrench or like a control knob:
- Select Applications, then Manage Applications.
- Locate Epocrates in the application list & select it.
- Tap the Uninstall button. Confirm that you wish to uninstall the program.
- Epocrates should now be uninstalled from your device.
Here's how to reinstall Epocrates.
Installation may take up to 20 minutes depending on the program you are installing and your connection type/speed.
- On your Android device, select the Play Store (Android Market) icon and search for "Epocrates".
Play Store Market
- Select "Epocrates" and tap on "Install". Tap on Accept & Download on the Permissions screen.
- When the application is installed, tap on "Epocrates" and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once Epocrates launches, you will see a welcome page. Tap on “Sign In”, enter your email address and Epocrates password, then tap “Sign In” again to confirm.
Should you still encounter trouble, please contact Epocrates Support by email or by Live Chat between 6AM and 6PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.