Epocrates Mobile Device Recommendations
Published 02/18/2011 11:03 AM | Updated 05/07/2013 08:45 AM
QuestionWhat questions should I ask when looking for a new phone to use with Epocrates?
AnswerWith the wide variety of smartphones/devices available, it can seem a daunting task just finding one that will be compatible with Epocrates.
Here are some questions to ask when shopping for a new smartphone/device.
- Are you interested in a device that works as a phone as well or a separate device?
- What operating system does the phone have? Epocrates supports:
- How much memory does the phone have? For specific information on memory requirements, please see the following:
- Does the phone come with a memory card? If not, what type of memory card does the phone accept?
- A memory card is strongly recommended when installing Epocrates to an Android mobile device.
- Does the phone have both 3G/4G and WiFi capabilities? Epocrates supports installation over both network types, but Wi-Fi tends to be faster.
- Apple iPod touch
- Apple iPad
- Apple iPad mini
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Samsung Galaxy Player
- Motorola Xoom
- Google Nexus 7
- Amazon Kindle Fire
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.