System Performance on iPhone
Published 11/07/2008 01:57 PM | Updated 10/31/2012 09:14 AM
QuestionWhy is Epocrates response time and/or performance so slow on my Apple mobile device?
AnswerIf you are experiencing slowness with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, we have been advised that you should turn off your device at least once per day for five minutes. This will free-up resources. If simply turning the device off is not enough, rebooting it might help.
- Hold down the Power Button and the Home Button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- You will be prompted to turn off the device. Disregard this prompt and continue to hold both buttons down until the Apple logo appears.
- Once the device reboots, please try to access Epocrates again.
The most recent version of Epocrates is iPhone_version_no. Please be sure you have this version installed.
- From the main menu screen, select "Settings."
- Scroll towards the bottom of the Settings screen, and select "Epocrates."
- The Epocrates version number will be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Epocrates Support by email or by Live Chat between 6AM and 6PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
NOTE: Older devices that update to iOS 5 may experience a slower performance than using with iOS 4, these include iPhone 3Gs, and the second generation iPod touch. Also if your device is using iOS 3.1 or 3.2, you may wish to upgrade to iOS 4 by connecting with iTunes or contacting Apple Support.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.